Are you on SnapChat? I’ve been a holdout for a long time because… 1) I just didn’t “get it” and, 2) I was afraid I’d be bombarded with inappropriate snaps, lol. But after a fellow blogger gave me a few awesome tips on how to use SnapChat, I’ve become a little obsessed. More so watching other people’s snaps, but I’m getting better about posting. If you are interested in following me I’m @mym0mmybrain (the o is a zero).
Anyhow… this whole discussion is coming about because I’m super excited about my new series called “Dinner in a Snap”! I will be posting quick dinner entrees via SnapChat. Hope you hop on over there and follow me (from your smart phone)… if SnapChat isn’t your thing, no worries! I will be posting them here for your enjoyment, as well
My first dinner is one of my favorite meals.
I have them down to a science now, so when I have the ingredients on hand it really only takes a few minutes to have dinner ready. The most time-consuming part is defrosting the pre-cooked shrimp.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- ½ pound pre-cooked large shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- ½ to ¾ cup of your favorite salsa (enough to cover the shrimp)
- ¼ cup cabbage, cut into thin strips
- ½ red pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ avocado, cut into slices
- 4 flour tortilla
- cheese, to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- Cut up the cabbage, red pepper and avocado.
- Add the salsa to a pan and saute the shrimp for 2-3 minutes. Be sure not to overcook, you just want it warmed through.
- Warm your tortillas in a 350 degree oven for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add some cheese, shrimp and veggies to the tortilla.
- Top with hot sauce and enjoy!
Hope you liked this recipe and will join me on SnapChat for more episodes of “Dinner in a Snap”!
Do you have a favorite recipe you would like to share? Leave it in the comments!